Tortellini, White Bean, and Turnip Greens Soup
Cooking time45 min
This tortellini, white bean, and turnip greens soup recipe discusses how to make an excellent comforting dinner dish with a wonderful flavor. If you follow the guidelines of this recipe, you can make 4 servings and total time needed for cooking this dish is 30 minutes.
1) First of all, you have to take a Dutch oven.
2) After pouring oil into the oven, it should be heated and the heat has to be kept at medium.
3) The next step is to add onion and celery.
4) Garlic and carrot should also be added to the oven.
5) They should be cooked for around 8 minutes by stirring often and you can stop the cooking process when the onion becomes tender, and the carrot and celery turn almost tender.
6) Turnip greens must be added in 2 batches and you have to make sure that you are stirring properly to wilt after each addition.
7) Tomatoes, beans and broth have to be stirred in.
8) Then, they should be brought to a boil and the heat has to be kept at medium-high.
9) Now, tortellini should be added.
10) You have to cook it for 4 minutes. (You need to make sure that the pasta becomes tender)
11) Parmesan can be used to top with.
- Shaved parmesan cheese - 1 ounce.
- Cheese tortellini - 1 package or 9 ounces. (It must be refrigerated)
- Diced tomatoes with oregano, garlic and basil, un-drained - 1 Can or 14.5 ounces.
- Cannellini beans - 1 Can or 15.5 ounces. (It should be drained and rinsed)
- Vegetable broth - 1 container or 32 ounces.
- Turnip greens - 6 cups. (They must be roughly chopped)
- Minced garlic - 1 teaspoon.
- Carrot - 1/2 cup. (They must be chopped)
- Celery - 1/2 cup. (They need to be thinly sliced)
- Yellow onion - 1 cup. (They have to be chopped)
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons.