Tuna Noodle Casserole
Cooking time45 min
This tuna noodle casserole recipe teaches you how to prepare an excellent dish in an uncomplicated manner.
The yield of this tuna noodle casserole recipe is 4 to 6 servings and it can be made within 75 minutes (1 hour and 15 minutes).
Oven needs to be preheated to 375 Degree Fahrenheit.
A 2-quart baking dish must be greased.
1 tablespoon butted must be melted in a large heavy bottom skillet over medium high heat and onion has to be sauteed until turns fragrant and translucent.
Season with pepper and salt and then, the mushroom should be added.
Cook for 2 minutes while stirring occasionally before adding soy sauce and sherry.
Cook and stop when the majority of the liquid evaporates.
It should be removed from the heat and set aside.
Melt remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a sauce pan over medium low heat.
The flour needs to be whisked in and cooked for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add chicken broth while whisking continuously and bring to a boil.
The milk should be whisked in and the heat needs to be reduced to a simmer.
Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
The mushroom mixture has to be mixed with white sauce and lemon juice should also be stirred in.
Season the sauce using pepper and salt and, the peas and drained tuna must be added before removing from the heat.
Now you have to cook the egg noodles in a pot that contains salted boiling water based on the package directions.
It should be drained and returned to the saucepan.
You must add sauce and stir in a gentle manner to form a coating over the noodles.
Now, the mixture has to be added to the prepared baking dish.
The grated cheese and breadcrumbs need to be tossed together using a mixing bowl.
The melted butter should be drizzled in and toss well.
Sprinkle it over the casserole and it should be baked. (You can stop when the sauce is bubbling and the topping becomes crisp.
- Whole milk- 1 cup.
- Unsalted butter – 5 tablespoons. (It should be divided and you also need to keep some additional butter for baking dish).
- Melted butter – 1 tablespoon.
- Fresh lemon juice – 1 tablespoon.
- Medium yellow onions – 1 1/2 no.
- Frozen petit peas – 1 cup.
- Freshly cracked black pepper – to taste.
- Salt – to taste.
- Tuna packed in olive oil – 2 cans. (The quantity should be 5 ounce 9each can) and they should be drained).
- White button mushrooms – 5 cups. (It must be trimmed and sliced).
- Dry egg noodles – 3 cups.
- Sherry – 1/4 cup.
- Grated cheddar – 2 cups.
- Soy sauce – 2 teaspoons.
- Bread crumbs – 3/4 cup.
- All purpose flour – 1/4 cup.
- Low sodium chicken stock or broth – 2 cups.