Tunisian beef stew
Cooking time40 Min
You might have tasted different types of beef stews and some of them might have extremely delicious. Have you ever tasted the Tunisian version? If you havent, you have to do it immediately. The unique taste of this stew will redefine your concept of a beef stew in many ways and it can be said without an iota of doubt that the captivating taste, aroma and texture will take you into a different world altogether. If you take the best 10 beef stews in the world, Tunisian beef stew is definitely going to find a place among them. The Tunisian beef stew has a universal appeal and the unique blend of the ingredients make this dish surprisingly delicious. First of all, you have to drain the pre-soaked chickpeas. They should be placed in a large saucepan.
You need to put onion in 960 ml of cold water. Bring to a boil.
Heat has to be reduced. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
The next step is to season beef with pepper and salt.
Take a large frying pan. Pour oil. The oil should be heated. The beef has to be placed on the pan.
The next step is to brown the beef on all sides. (You need to do it carefully because the meat should become brown in an even manner).
Now, you have to add spinach, garlic and parsley. Then, paprika, tomato paste, celery, artichokes and carrots should be added. Mix them well and simmer for 5 minutes.
Now, the beef mixture should be added to the chickpeas. Bring to a boil.
Then, the heat should be reduced. Cover and simmer for 60 minutes.
Then, you have to add short-cut macaroni. Add chilies as well. You need to mix all the ingredients well. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
The next step is to stir in the peas. Stir in coriander as well.
The entire mixture should be cooked for 5 to 10 minutes.
Now, Tunisian beef stew is ready to serve.
- Dried chickpeas - 50 grams (It should be soaked overnight).
- Cubed stewing or braising steak (beef) - 450 grams
- Olive Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Tomato paste - 2 tablespoons
- Onion – 1 no. (It should be chopped).
- Celery stick - 2 Nos. (They should be chopped).
- Garlic Clove - 1 (It should be crushed).
- Fresh spinach - 100 grams (It should be shredded).
- Large Carrot – 1 no. (It should be sliced).
- Paprika - 2 teaspoons.
- Tinned Artichoke Hearts - 4 Nos. (They should be chopped).
- Freshly chopped parsley - 2 tablespoons.
- Short-cut Macaroni - 100 grams.
- De-seeded Chilies - 2 Nos. (They should be chopped).
- Fresh or frozen peas - 100 grams.
- Freshly chopped Coriander - 3 tablespoons.