Turkey and Artichoke Stuffed Shells with Arrabbiata Sauce
Cooking time45 min
This turkey and artichoke stuffed shells with arrabbiata sauce recipe discusses about step by step method of preparing a top quality dish.
This turkey and artichoke stuffed shells with arrabbiata sauce can be served for 6 to 8 people and the cooking time needed is 2 hours and five minutes.
1) First of all, a large pot of salted water must be brought to boil over high heat.
2) Pasta must be added and partially cooked for 4 to 5 minutes until it becomes tender. (Make sure that it remains firm to the bite)
3) You have to stir occasionally while cooking.
4) Then, the pasta must be drained.
5) Take a heavy skillet and oil needs to be heated over medium-high heat.
6) The onions and garlic must be added and cooked for 3 minutes. (You have to stop when onions turn soft and begin to brown).
7) The ground turkey, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt must be added.
8) Cook for some time while stirring in an occasional manner until the meat becomes slightly golden and cooked through.
9) The artichoke hearts should be added and stir well to combine.
10) You have to take it from heat and let cool.
11) Take a large bowl.
12) The cooled turkey mixture should be combined with remaining salt and pepper, parsley, basil, eggs, parmesan cheese, and ricotta cheese and, stir well to combine.
13) For stuffing shells, the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish should be covered using 1 cup of Arrabbiata sauce.
14) The shell needs to be taken in the palm of your hand and it must be stuffed with 2 tablespoons of turkey mixture.
15) The stuffed shell has to be placed in the baking dish.
16) You have to keep on filling the shells and stop when the baking dish is full with 24 shells.
17) The remaining Arrabbiata has to be drizzled over the shells.
18) It must be topped with the grated mozzarella.
19) If you are interested in freezing, plastic wrap needs to be used to cover in a tight manner and placed in the freezer. (You can keep it for 1 day and up to 1 month).
20) For baking, the oven needs to be preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
21) You have to bake for 60 minutes and stop when the cheese starts to melt and the shells are warmed through. (The baking process must be done only for 20 minutes if shells are unfrozen.)
22) Take a large soup pot.
23) Olive oil must be heated over medium heat.
24) Pancetta needs to be added and sauteed for minutes until it becomes golden brown. ,
25) Garlic should be added and sauteed for 1 minutes and stop when it becomes tender.
26) The next step is to add red pepper flakes and marinara sauce.
27) Bring to a simmer.
28) Remove and allow it to cool.
- 1) Extra virgin olive oil – 3 tablespoons.
- 2) Jumbo pasta shells - 1 box (12-ounce; you can use Barilla)
- 3) Large yellow onion – 1/2 (it should be chopped and the quantity must be equivalent to 1 cup).
- 4) Garlic cloves - 3 nos. (They should be finely chopped).
- 5) Ground turkey – 1 pound.
- 6) Kosher salt - 1/2 teaspoon. (You can keep 1/2 teaspoon).
- 7) Black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon. (Freshly ground; you can keep 1/4 teaspoon more).
- 8) Frozen artichokes - 1 package (8 to 10-ounce; it should be thawed and chopped coarsely).
- 9) Ricotta cheese - 1 container (The quantity needs to be equivalent to 15-ounce).
- 10) Grated parmesan - 3/4 cup.
- 11) Lightly beaten eggs - 2 nos.
- 12) Fresh basil leaves - 1/4 cup. (They should be chopped).
- 13) Fresh flat-leaf parsley - 2 tablespoons. (It should be chopped).
- 14) Arrabbiata Sauce - 5 cups. (Recipe follows)
- 15) Grated mozzarella - 1 1/2 cups.
- #Arrabbiata sauce#
- 1) Extra virgin oil - 2 tablespoons.
- 2) Sliced pancetta – 6 ounces (Coarsely chopped).
- 3) Crushed red pepper flakes – 2 teaspoons.
- 4) Garlic cloves – 2 nos (Minced)
- 5) Jarred or fresh marinara sauce - 5 cups.