Turkey Club Sandwich with Pork Belly and Enhanced Mayo
Cooking time45 min
This turkey club sandwich mayo recipe talks about how to make an unconventional sandwich in an easy way. This turkey club sandwich mayo recipe allows you to make 12 sandwiches.
1) Turkey thighs must be cut into 2-inch pieces in a rough way and it should be done by going along the seams. Fat and sinew should be discarded prior to setting aside.
2) Pork belly has to be cut slices with a thickness of half inch and it should also be cut into 3-inch lengths before setting aside.
3 Four or five pieces of turkey have to put into a zipper-lock bag. Air should be pressed out before sealing the bag. Turkey should be pounded with the help of a meat pounder into pieces of 1/4-inch thickness. The flattened turkey pieces must be taken out and placed on a big bowl. The same process needs to be repeated available turkey meat. The pork belly must be pounded in the same manner prior to setting aside in a different bowl.
4) Garlic,onion, miso, ketchup, brown mustard and buttermilk should be combined in a blender by keeping the speed at low level and the speed has to be increased in a gradual manner. It must be pureed for 30 seconds until a smooth paste is formed. The blender has to be turned off and marinade should be poured over the pork belly and turkey. They need to be tossed to coat in an even manner. Each bowl must be covered and refrigerated for 4 hours at least. (You can keep it on the refrigerator for 24 hours)
5) The oven must be preheated to 425 Degrees Fahrenheit. Whole onions’ ends must be cut for making two sides that are flat before setting aside.
6) Pork belly and turkey have to be removed from the refrigerator. Take a plastic container that is quart-sized. Chicken and pork layers should be alternated until 50% of the meats have been utilized.
7) Through the meat stack, four skewers need to be pushed. One onion should be set a surface and let it sit on a side that is flat. The skewers must be pushed through the onion’s top side and make sure meat that is skewered stand in a vertical way on the onion base. The container has to be removed and the meat must be allowed to stand on individually. The same process should be repeated with remaining onion, pork belly and turkey.
8) Every skewer set should be stood up in a roasting pan and white wine needs to be poured into the pan bottom. The turkey Shawarma must be roasted for 30 minutes and the pan has to be rotated if you find the meat falling over. The meat must be turned over so that the bottom side gets roasted and caramelized.
9) You have to keep on roasting for 30 minutes until it becomes crisp and brown. Set aside for 15 minutes prior to carving. The turkeyShawarma should be carved in vertical slices and the skewers need to be discarded before removing and slicing the onion. The onion and sliced turkey Shawarma should be caramelized in a bowl and roasting juices need to be added before mixing them in a gentle manner. Salt should used as seasoning if needed.
For making the bacon mayonnaise
1) Take a pot. Peanut oil and bacon must be combined and heated by keeping heat at low levels. Make sure that the melting process of the bacon occurs. It has to be poured into a big measuring cup that is heatproof. Salt, hot sauce, sherry vinegar, mustard, egg and egg yolks need to be combined in a blender. The speed of the blender has to be changed to low and the speed must be increased in a gradual way to medium high. After switching off the blender, the sides must be scraped with the help of a rubber spatula. The blender speed should be reduced to low and the peanut oil and bacon fat mixture has to be drizzled in slow manner. The blender speed has to be increased to medium and the fat has to be kept on drizzling in a stream that is really thin. When the thickening process of the mayonnaise is taking place, the blender speed must be increased. (Keep on drizzling in fat). After adding full fat and mayonnaise turning creamy and steady, the blender must be turned off. After seasoning using salt, you can refrigerate the bacon mayonnaise.
For assembling the turkey clubs
The bacon mayonnaise must be spread on each toast slice. A lavish quantity of the shawarma needs to be layered on sandwich’s bottom half. Baby arugula and sliced tomato can be used as toppings before closing the sandwiches. Hot sauce and extra mayonnaise can be served on the side.
- Dry white wine – 500 grams.
- Turkey thighs (Skinless and boneless) – 2 nos. (1500 grams)
- Garlic (Peeled) – 1 head.
- Pork belly (Fresh and skin removed) - 1000 grams.
- Yellow onion – 1 no. (Peeled and quartered). You have to take 2 more large peeled onions and they must be left whole)
- Buttermilk - 260 grams.
- Brown mustard - 100 grams.
- Miso paste – 100 grams. (You can use barley miso)
- Ketchup – 100 grams.
- #Ingredients - Mayonnaise#
- Kosher salt – 2 grams.
- Hot sauce – 15 dashes.
- Sherry vinegar – 50 grams.
- Rendered bacon fat - 250 grams. (Cooked bacon can be reserved for another use)
- Peanut oil - 200 grams.
- Brown mustard – 50 grams.
- Large egg yolks – 2 nos. (You can keep 1 large egg more)
- #For assembling the turkey clubs#
- Baby arugula
- Bread like potato bread (Sliced and toasted)
- Thick tomato slices (Lightly salted) Cooking instructions – Step by step method of approach