Twice-Fried Chicken with Sriracha
Cooking time45 min
This twice-fried chicken with sriracha teaches you to make a stunningly delicious dish that offers an unbelievable experience for your taste buds.
Total cooking time needed for making this twice-fried chicken with sriracha is 8 hours and 50 minutes and you can serve it for 4 to 6 people.
1) Take a small bowl.
2) Paprika, seafood seasoning, a pinch of salt, coriander seeds and chipotle powder should be mixed in the bowl.
3) Spices must be used to coat the chicken pieces.
4) Then the chicken pieces should be placed in large re-sealable plastic bags and they need to be refrigerated overnight.
5) The honey and Sriracha have to be combined in a small bowl.
6) It should be stirred well and refrigerated until the chicken is ready to fry.
7) A large Dutch oven must be taken and adequate lard must be put in (4 inches up the side of the pot).
8) The lard must be heated to 325 Degrees Fahrenheit.
9) The flour and a pinch of salt should be whisked together in a big shallow baking dish. .
10) The chicken pieces have to be removed the bags and dredged in the flour mixture.
11) Starting from the thighs, chicken pieces must be added to the pot in batches. (Make sure that they are not crowded).
12) The lid has to be placed and cooked for 8 to 10 minutes until turns golden. (You have to make sure 80 percent cooking).
13) Take out the chicken and place them on a wire cooling rack.
14) The same procedure should be repeated with the remaining chicken.
15) After that, the lard must be heated to 365 Degrees Fahrenheit.
16) Chicken should be added in the same batches and cooked for 2 to 3 minutes per side until turn crispy and dark golden.
17) Place onto paper towels and it can be served with the Sriracha honey.
- 1) Chipotle powder- 1 teaspoon.
- 2) Seafood seasoning - 2 tablespoons. (Old Bay is a good option)
- 3) Kosher salt – to taste.
- 4) Coriander seeds – 1 tablespoon. (It should be toasted and cracked).
- 5) Honey – 3 tablespoons.
- 6) Smoked paprika - 1 teaspoon.
- 7) Chicken – 1 (It should weigh around 5 pound and cut into 12 pieces).
- 8) Lard – For frying purposes.
- 9) Sriracha – 3 tablespoons.
- 10) Instant flour - 1 1/2 cups flour (Wondra is a fine option).