Ukrainian Garlic Bread
Cooking time45 min
Are you interested in making a highly delicious Eastern European dish? This Ukrainian garlic bread recipe puts forward relatively an easier method to make such a dish. Eight rolls can be made with this Ukrainian garlic bread recipe and total time needed for cooking this bread is 40 minutes.
1) Sugar and yeast need to be dissolved in the measurement water and make sure that the water is not hot.
2) Half portion of the flour must be added and mixed.
3) A clingfilm should be used to cover and it should be kept in the refrigerator overnight.
4) Take it out from the refrigerator in the next morning, and 1/2 tablespoon fins sea salt and remaining flour have to be added to the starter.
5) The next step is to knead on a properly floured work surface for making the dough smooth so that it comes away from the hand in an easy way.
6) The dough has to be divided into 8 pieces and each one must be shaped into round shaped buns.
7) Take a round cake tin that is oiled and place these buns side by side.
8) The dish has to be covered and kept in an area that is reasonably warm so that the balls become double in size.
9) The oven has to be preheated 425 Degree Fahrenheit.
10) For making the basting oil, the crushed garlic and a pinch of sea salt must be stirred through the oil and allow it to infuse.
11) When the pampushki becomes plump, beaten egg must be brushed to glaze and then, baked in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. (You can stop when a golden crust is formed)
12) They need to be taken out and basted them using garlic oil.
13) You can serve this immediately.
- Parsley - half a bunch. (They must be finely chopped)
- Fine sea salt - to taste.
- Duck or chicken egg - for glazing.
- Sunflower oil - 3 tablespoons. (Keep some more for oiling)
- Wet or regular garlic - 1 1/2 tablespoons. (They need to be crushed)
- Strong white flour - 1 cup. (Keep some more for dusting purposes)
- Caster sugar - 1 tablespoon.
- Warm water - 2 ounces.
- Fresh yeast - 1 tablespoon.