Upside-Down Plum Cake
Cooking time45 min
How to make nice, regal and delicious cake using plum? This upside-down plum cake recipe teaches you how to make such an excellent plum cake. This upside-down plum cake recipe allows you to make 8 servings.
1) Oven needs to be preheated to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) A nine-inch pan should be greased with two-in sides. You have to take a skillet and half portion of the butter has to be melted with sugar and honey. The heat should be kept at medium level.
3) You have to keep on stirring and must stop when smooth sauce is formed. Then, sauce should be poured into the prepared cake pan. The plum segments have to be arranged on top as well.
4) Salt, cardamom, baking powder and flour must be mixed in a medium bowl and you must keep the mixture at a safe place.
5) The remaining butter and sugar have to be whipped using a mixer and you can stop when the mixture becomes creamy. After adding almond extract and vanilla extract, you need to whip again so that the mixture turns fluffy and white. One-third of flour mixture must also be added and mixed to blend well. Again, you need to add 1/2 milk, 1/3 flour and then, remaining milk and flour before mixing properly to combine all ingredients.
6) The batter should be poured over plums and baked for one hour until it turns golden. Then, keep it in the pan and cool for 15 minutes.
7) It must be turned upside down and placed on a serving platter in a careful way by running the knife around the edges.
8) It can be served warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Milk – 1/2 cup.
- Almond extract – 1/4 teaspoon.
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Eggs – 2 nos.
- White sugar – 3/4 cup.
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon.
- Cardamom – 1/4 teaspoon.
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons.
- Flour – 1 1/2 cups.
- Plum – 8 nos.(They need to be cut into segments)
- Honey – 1 tablespoon.
- Light brown sugar – 3/4 cup.
- Butter (Softened) – 1 1/2 stick.