Cooking time45 min
How to make a simple sponge cake in easy way? This Victoria sponge recipe talks about how to make the taste of a cake into great heights and it looks really nice as well. You can make 12 slices with the quantity recommended in this Victoria sponge recipe and the total time needed for cooking is 30 minutes.
1) The oven should be preheated to 350 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) Take some cake tins and the size should be 2/18 cm.
3) They must be greased and lined with baking paper.
4) Take a bowl for creaming the sugar and butter together and you have to make it pale and fluffy.
5) The eggs have to be beaten in. (You have to do one at a time)
6) The vanilla extract should also be stirred in.
7) With the help a metal spoon, the flour needs to be folded in. (If you find that some more milk is to be added, you can do it).
8) The batter you create has to be the one with soft dropping consistency.
9) The next step you need to perform is to divide the mixture between the cake tins and it should be spread out with the help of a spatula in a gentle way.
10) Place it in the oven and the baking must be done for 20 to 25 minutes. (You have to stop the baking process when the top side becomes golden brown and a skewer must come out clean when inserted)
11) Remove from the oven and leave it for 5 minutes.
12) Then, it can be removed from the tin and the paper can be peeled off before placing onto a wire rack.
13) The cake can be sandwiched together with berries, whipped cream, lemon curd and jam.
- Vanilla Extract - 2 teaspoons.
- Margarine or butter - 225 grams, (It should be softened at room temperature).
- Milk - For loosening.
- Caster sugar - 225 grams.
- Eggs (Medium) - 4 nos.
- Self raising flour - 225 grams.