Vietnamese-Style Chicken and Noodle Salad
Cooking time45 min
Are you interested in making a chicken and noodle salad of exceptional flavor and uniqueness? This Vietnamese-style chicken and noodle salad recipe discusses the best way of making a superb salad that is extremely healthy. This recipe provides 4 servings and you can also consider making rice noodles and dressing one day in advance.
1) 1/4 cup of the dressing and chicken must be placed in a shallow container.
2) You have to stir well to make a good coating over the chicken.
3) It has to be covered and refrigerate 1 hour at least and you can keep up to overnight. (You can use a quart zip-top plastic bag to marinate the chicken)
4) The remaining dressing has to be covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.
5) The dried noodles must be broken in half and cooked based on package guidelines.
6) For removing the excess starch, it needs to be drained and rinse in a thorough manner under cold water.
7) After placing it in a big bowl, the dressing needs to be shaken again and 2 tablespoons have to be added to the noodles.
8) They need to be tossed to properly combine before setting aside.
9) The oil has to be heated in a big skillet and the heat at high levels. The heating process has to be continued until it turns very hot but you should not allow it to smoke.
10) The chicken has to be placed in the pan and you have to keep it single layered.
11) Then, it should be seared for two to three minutes. (You can stop when it turns brown at the bottom)
12) Tongs should be used for flipping the chicken and cooked for two more minutes. (The skillet has to be shaken occasionally for moving the chicken)
13) Set aside.
14) Remaining dressing, mint, half of the cilantro, scallions, cucumber, carrots, bell pepper and cabbage must be added to the noodles.
15) After tossing well to combine, it should be topped with the remaining herbs and chicken.
- #Ingredients for marinade and dressing#
- Olive oil – 1/2 cup.
- Lime juice (Freshly squeezed) - 1/4 cup.
- Garlic cloves – 2 nos. (Minced)
- Rice vinegar - 2 tablespoons.
- Honey - 2 tablespoons.
- Lemongrass or lemongrass paste - 2 tablespoons. (Finely chopped)
- Fish sauce - 1 tablespoon.
- Fresh ginger - 1 tablespoon. (Finely grated and peeled)
- #For the salad#
- Fresh mint leaves - 1/2 cup. (It has to be chopped and divided)
- Chicken breasts (Skinless and boneless) - 1 1/2 pounds. (It has to be sliced into strips with half -inch-thickness)
- Fresh cilantro (Chopped) -1/2 cup. (Divided)
- Thin rice noodles (Dry) - 2 ounces.
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon.
- Medium scallions – 4 nos. (You have to take the green parts only and they should be sliced on a diagonal in a thin manner)
- Medium Napa Cabbage – 1/2. (It should be sliced crosswise thinly and the quantity needs to be around 6 cups)
- Medium red bell pepper – 1 no. (It should be cored, seeded, and sliced in thin manner)
- Medium English cucumber – 1 no. (It should be sliced thinly crosswise)
- Carrots (Shredded) - 1 1/3 cups.