Cooking time15 min
How to prepare a delightful salad that contains chicken, walnut and vegetables? This Walnut-Chicken salad recipe teaches you how to provide a delightful crisp to chicken and it is being done by dredging it in a walnut and breadcrumb mixture. The pan-frying also plays a prominent role in adding crispness and it can be prepared within 10 minutes. This Walnut-Chicken salad can be prepared with absolute ease and it can be described as a healthy option as well. 15 First of all, chicken must be placed between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap.
You need to flatten to 1/4-inch thickness with the help of a rolling pan or meat mallet.
Then, you have to brush buttermilk over chicken in an even manner.
Take a shallow dish.
You need to combine breadcrumbs, salt and walnuts in the shallow dish.
Dredge chicken in the mixture.
Now, oil must be poured into a large skillet.
It should be placed over medium-high heat until turns hot.
Then, you must add chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side until turns golden.
Remove from heat.
Cool in a slight manner.
Now, you have to cut chicken crosswise into thin slices.
The next step is to combine spinach and salad greens.
It should be arranged on four individual plates.
Cheese should be sprinkled in.
You need to top with chicken and tomato halves.
The dish is ready to serve and you can serve with buttermilk-honey dressing on the side.
- Buttermilk – 3 tablespoons.
- Skinned and boned chicken breast halves – 4 nos.
- Salt- 1 teaspoon.
- Finely ground walnuts – 1 cup.
- Fine, dry breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup.
- Torn mixed salad greens – 6 cups.
- Cherry tomatoes – 16 nos. (They should be cut in half).
- Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons.
- Shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend – 1 cup (4 ounces).
- Torn fresh spinach – 4 cups.