Cooking time45 min
This Wiener schnitzel recipe talks about how to prepare delicate and tender cutlets that offer an exceptional taste.
If you follow the exact quantity of ingredients advocated in this Wiener schnitzel recipe, you can serve it for 4 people. This cutlet can be prepared in an easy manner and the total time needed for making this dish comes around 50 minutes.
1) Each veal cutlet must be placed between two pieces of plastic wrap.
2) They should be pounded using a meat mallet’s spiky side. (It is being done to tenderize the meat).
3) 1/2 teaspoon pepper and salt each need to be sprinkled in a light manner.
4) The next step is to set up a breading station.
5) Take a shallow baking dish and 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and flour have to be whisked together.
6) Take another shallow dish and, egg and mustard need to be whisked together.
7) A third dish needs to be used for combining 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and breadcrumbs.
8) First of all, each veal cutlet should be dredged in the flour, egg mixture and breadcrumbs consecutively.
9) They should be transferred onto a baking sheet lined with a cooling rack and then, refrigerated for 15 minutes.
10) Oven needs to be preheated to 300 Degree Fahrenheit.
11) Take a large cast-iron skillet and heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat.
12) 2 tablespoons of butter must be melted in the oil and add one of the breaded veal cutlets.
13) Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until it turns golden brown on both sides. (You have to flip it once and pan should be moved constantly).
14) Then, you have to transfer it to baking sheet lined with a cooling rack.
15) Salt and pepper have to be used to season and it should be kept warm in the oven.
16) Continue the same procedure for cooking the remaining cutlets. (You should wipe out the pan and use new butter and oil each time).
17) You can keep on adding the finished cutlets to the baking sheet in the oven.
18) Before serving, you can top with lemon wedges and parsley.
- 1) Pepper (Freshly ground) – to taste.
- 2) Kosher salt – to taste.
- 3) 5-ounce veal cutlets – 4 nos. (They should be pounded as 1/8 inch thick pieces).
- 4) All-purpose flour – 1 cup.
- 5) Eggs – 3 nos.
- 6) German hot mustard – 2 tablespoons.
- 7) Lemon – 1no. (It should be cut into wedges).
- 8) Plain dried breadcrumbs – 2 cups.
- 9) Fresh flat-leaf parsley – 1/4 cup. (It must be roughly chopped).
- 10) Unsalted butter – 1/2 cup.
- 11) Canola oil – 1/2 cup.