Winter Vegetables and Gnocchi
Cooking time45 min
Do you want to know how to combine cheese sauce and roasted winter vegetables to make an ideal supper for a cold winter evening? This winter vegetables and gnocchi recipe teaches you how to make such a hearty and warm dish. If you follow this recipe, you can make 4 servings and total time needed for cooking is 30 minutes.
1) Pepper, salt, olive oil, pearl onions, mushrooms and butternut squash should be tossed together.
2) Vegetable mixture must be spooned into a baking pan (13/9-inch) that is greased in a light way.
3) The pan should be placed in the oven.
4) Oven needs to be preheated to 450 Degree Fahrenheit. (You have to leave the pan in the oven as it preheats)
5) The vegetable mixture has to be baked in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. (You can stop when the squash becomes tender and brown)
6) Gnocchi has to be prepared according to the package directions and you need to reserve one cup of cooking water.
7) After taking vegetable mixture from the oven, softened butter and gnocchi must be stirred in.
8) The reserved cooking water has to be added gradually; 1/4 cup at a time. (You need to keep on stirring until a thick sauce is formed.
9) 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese should be stirred in.
10) The dumpling mixture and vegetable must be divided among the four bowls in an even manner.
11) Chopped parsley needs to be used for garnishing and you can serve immediately.
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (Divided) - 2 ounces. (It needs to be shredded)
- Salted butter - 2 tablespoons. (It must be softened)
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley (Chopped)
- Potato gnocchi such as Gia Russa - 1 package. (16 ounces)
- Black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon.
- Kosher salt - 1 1/2 teaspoons.
- Extra virgin olive oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Frozen pearl onions - 1 cup. (It must be thawed)
- Cremini mushrooms - 8 ounces. (Halved)
- Pre-chopped fresh butternut squash - 1 package (12 ounces)