Zucchini Basil Soup
Cooking time45 min
If you want to make a wonderful and delicious soup, you can follow this zucchini basil soup recipe. If you follow this recipe zucchini basil soup recipe carefully, you can make 4 to 6 servings.
1) The corn cobs must be shucked and silk needs to be removed. A con has to be help upright in a bowl and top 2/3 of the corn kernels must be sliced off with a serrated knife. (Sawing with a motion directed downward) The same procedure has to be repeated with the second corn cob.
2) Shallot must be added to the corn and tossed with salt and vinegar. It should be covered and chilled at least for 60 minutes. It can be done even for one week and stirring must be done a few times.
1) The leeks must be sliced in half lengthwise and then, the green and white parts should be cut into half inch thick pieces crosswise. After placing the leeks in a bowl, it should be covered with cool water. Keep the leeks in the water for 5 minutes while swishing in an occasional way so that sandy dirt on the leeks gets into the bottom of the bowl.
2) Butter has to be melted in a big saucepan by keeping the heat medium. After taking leeks from the water, it must be added to the pot along with potato. Stir well and keep it there for 5 minutes to make it soft.
3) Zucchini has to be added and cooked for 5 minutes while stirring in an occasional way. Pepper and salt have to be added and water has to be poured in to cover the vegetables.
4) The soup must be brought to boil by increasing the heat and the heat should be reduced to medium low and simmered for 15 minutes partially covered. Make sure that the potato and zucchini become soft. Once the cooking is finished, take out from the heat and cool for one hour.
5) For preparing an ice water bath, a medium saucepan should be brought to boil. For garnishing, you can keep some basil sprigs and the remaining has to be added to the boiling water. They should be cooked for 20 seconds and scooped out using a slotted spoon and you can put them on the bowl of a blender.
6) After adding a bit cooled soup liquid, blanched basil has to be added. They need to be pureed smooth by adding adequate broth for making a creamy soup. Two tablespoons lemon juice have to blended in and after tasting, pepper, salt or lemon can be added of you want.
7) A few tablespoons of crème fraiche should be blended in if you prefer a creamier soup.
8) The soup must be returned to the pot by keeping the heat at medium level to warm. Keep on stirring occasionally. It should be ladled into bowls and served with basil leaves, pickled corn and crème fraiche.
- Champagne vinegar – 2 tablespoons Corn
- Fine sea salt – 1/2 teaspoon.
- Small shallot – 1/2 (It must be peeled and diced finely)
- Medium corn cobs – 2 nos.
- Crème Fraiche – For serving purpose
- Basil leaves – 1 large or 2 small bunches. (You have to keep some pretty sprigs for garnishing)
- Lemon juice – Taken from half a lemon.
- Water – 4 cups.
- Black pepper (Freshly ground) – To taste.
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon. (You can keep some more if needed)
- Medium Yukon gold potato – 1 no or 200 grams. (It has to be peeled and chopped)
- Zucchini – 1 1/4 pounds. (It should be trimmed and chopped into half inch pieces)
- Butter – 2 tablespoons.
- Medium leeks – 3 nos. or 500 grams.