Zucchini Ricotta Fritters
Cooking time45 min
Are you confused about making fritters that hold together other ingredients? You can make some wonderful cakes if you follow this zucchini ricotta fritters recipe. This recipe shows you an easy method of preparation and it becomes an ideal addition to a healthy lunch.
You can make 7 to 8 fritters with the help of this zucchini ricotta fritters recipe.
1) First thing you have to do is to take a large bowl.
2) One teaspoon salt, one teaspoon pepper, lemon zest, egg, ricotta and zucchini should be combined in the bowl. You must stir well to combine the ingredients. Then, breadcrumbs must be stirred and make sure that it is incorporated. You have to keep the batter in the fridge for 20 minutes.
3) 1/4 inch of olive oil should be heated in a big skillet and you can stop until shimmering. Spoonfuls of the zucchini batter should be shaped into patties with a diameter of 3 inches. It needs to be done with your hands. Then, the patties have to be added to the pan and you have to work in batches. You also need to add one to two tablespoons oil with the patties. The patties can be flattened using a spoon in an easy way while they are in the pan.
4) It must be fried for 3 minutes per side and the heat has to be kept at moderately high. Some more oil can be added if required. The patties have to be turned once and make sure that they turn crisp and browned.
5) The fritters have to be drained on the paper towels and served immediately by garnishing with lemon wedges.
- Pepper – To taste.
- Salt – To taste.
- Zucchini (Medium) - 2 nos. (They have to be washed and cut into sticks in a thin way)
- Ricotta - 1/3 cup. (Drained)
- Egg - 1 no.
- Panko breadcrumb - 1/2 to 1 cup. (The right quantity needs to be chosen based on the ricotta consistency)
- Lemon zest – Taken from one lemon.
- Olive oil - 4 tablespoons.